Garden State Koi Pond & Waterfall Design Center is a proud supporter of the Aquascape Foundation.
The Aquascape Foundation is a not-for-profit 501 C3 organization established in 2008. The mission of The Foundation is to create sustainable solutions for the world-wide water crisis. The purpose of The Foundation is to promote awareness of water as our most precious resource through environmental, educational, and philanthropic efforts. One of the ways that we will accomplish this mission is by utilizing the Aquascape Rainwater Harvesting System as a solution to bringing clean drinking water to places where people currently have no access.
The actual statistics of the problems are staggering.
- 663 million people – 1 in 10 – lack access to safe water.1,2
- Twice the population of the United States lives without access to safe water.1,2
- Globally, 1/3 of all schools lack access to safe water and adequate sanitation.1
- In low and middle-income countries, 1/3 of all healthcare facilities lack a safe water source.1
- 72% of those tasked with fetching water are women and girls who bear the burden of walking miles at a time to gather water from streams and ponds.1
- The water crisis is the #1 global risk based on impact to society (as a measure of devastation), as announced by the World Economic Forum in January 2015.3
- Hundreds of millions of people suffer needlessly from a lack of access to clean, safe water.4
- 443 Million school days are lost each year to water-related diseases.5
The Aquascape Foundation is utilizing its core technology to end this needless suffering. With this technology we can capture, purify and store thousands of gallons of rainwater, making it accessible and potable. Our technology will not only bring health and wellness to a community, but with an accessible water source, children can focus on education and adults can focus on employment. It’s a smart and sustainable solution to a complex problem. Water is Life!
TO LEARN MORE OR TO MAKE A DONATION, PLEASE VISIT aquascapefoundation.org.
- World Health Organization and UNICEF Joint Monitoring Programme (JMP). (2015) Progress on Drinking Water and Sanitation, 2015 Update and MDG Assessment.
- United States Census Bureau Estimates. (2015). United States and World Population Clock.
- World Economic Forum. (2015). Global Risks 2015 Report.
- World Health Organization. (2016) Drinking-water
- United Nations Development Programme. Human Development Report 2006